Next Level Choirs – Capital City Clash
November 1, 2023
GENERAL INFORMATION: Open to all High School Treble, Tenor-Bass, and Mixed Choirs.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Capital City Clash is to provide an opportunity for high school choirs to perform a cappella music for outstanding judges in the fall semester.
CLASSIFICATIONS and DIVISIONS: All classifications are OPEN which means all choirs must sing TWO acapella madrigal-style OR chamber pieces. The three divisions you may enter are as follows:
There is no limit to the number of students you can bring in each ensemble:
- High School Treble
- High School Tenor-Bass
- High School Mixed
RATINGS & AWARDS
I – Superior – Trophy Awarded
II – Excellent
III – Fair
Additional awards will be given for 1st Place, 1st runner up, and 2nd runner up in each division.
An overall winner from all three divisions will also be named.
PERFORMANCES: Performances will be held outdoors, at “The Lawn” in the old Domain property which is located right outside of the IPIC Theater on Domain Drive. Note, this is NOT the location near the Apple Store called The Lawn at Domain Northside.
- The Stage details/dimensions will be sent after your complete registration.
- There will be one music stand provided.
- There are no risers provided.
- There will be no warm-up areas.
- There are no keyboards provided. It is highly advisable to bring a pitch pipe.
- Performance times will be assigned in order of deposits received on a first come, first served basis.
- No phone reservations will be accepted.
- We will try to schedule your choir performance as close to your requested time as possible. Please keep transportation limitations in mind when requesting a performance time.
THE DOMAIN & ATTRACTIONS: Please see the links to the Domain map, activities available to you and your students on the attached document titled “Capital City Clash – ATTRACTIONS”. You, the director, must purchase all other activities/meals on your own. Perform America has no involvement beyond the choral performance.
ADJUDICATOR & AWARDS
- Professor Stephen White, Director of Choral Activities at Austin Community College, will be the adjudicator for the 2023 clash.
- First division awards will be given at the Registration Desk following your performance.
- Best in Class and Runner-Up Awards will be posted on the website and trophies will be delivered/mailed to the school after the contest. There will be no on-site awards ceremony.
- A $50 Registration Fee per school regardless of how many ensembles you bring.
- $10 per student in your choir.
- NOTE: The registration fee is non-refundable. You do NOT need to pay an additional registration fee for additional ensembles. Only once per school.
- You, the director, are responsible for purchasing all other activities/meals. Please refer to the attached document titled “Next Level Choirs of Texas ATTRACTIONS” for suggestions on what you can do and where you can go before or after your performance.
DEADLINES FOR ENTRY & FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS:
- Complete the entry form, one per choir, via Google Form. Click HERE
- Send Registration/Campus Fee & Payment for the number of students participating. If bringing more than one choir, you may pay for all students at one time, BUT be sure to submit a separate entry form for each ensemble.
- Your Google Form Entry AND your payments must be received by Friday, October 6th to be entered into the contest.
- You may ADD students and pay for them with cash or check the day of your performance at check in, but there will be no refunds if fewer students arrive.
- If you drop a choir, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS!
- Payment Options: Check or money order payable to Next Level Initiatives
Please mail your check to:
Perform America – TX LLC
5517 Louetta Rd., Suite B
Spring, TX 77379
- Bring a list of ALL PARTICIPANTS and PROOF OF LIABILITY from your school district upon check-in for your performance.
Michael Zook: 713.857.3185
All further correspondence will be made via email, including check-in and performance times.
The final performance schedule will be sent out to all participants via EMAIL.